[juneau-lug] New Riders titles have arrived

  • From: Juneau Linux Users Group <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Juneau Linux Users Group <juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2002 17:13:09 -0800 (AKDT)

Today UPS dropped off our new New Riders titles for the library.  Since
only Jim Barber put in a vote last time around, two books were tied at 1
vote each.  Luckily for me (I put in the other vote) New Riders sent both
books to us.

(NOTE:  New Riders has been VERY VERY GOOD TO US.  O'Rielly does not send
us books anymore.  I've taken advantage of the New Riders 20% discount for
LUG members, and it's pretty good.  Since our mailing list archives are
public, please e-mail me for the code.)

Anyway, the new titles are:

Inside Network Perimer Security:  The Definitive Guide to Firewalls, VPNs,
Routers and Intrusion Detection Systems.  ISBN 0-7357-1232-8.  This looks
like a good companion volume for Linux Routing, another title in our
library.  I've paged through it and at first glance it looks fairly
comprehensive - not enough time to read it though (it's only been here an
hour).

Train of Thoughts: Designing the Effective Web Experience.  ISBN
0-7357-1174-7.  This is a book about your user's web 'experience' at your
site, and how to tailor your site to get a message across.  Several case
studies are used as examples ( http://www.vw.com/newbeetle/ ).  Both
business and 'art' sites are considered.  Again, I have only taken a quick
look through the book & have not yet read it.

If you would like to borrow either book, e-mail info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Cheers!