[juneau-lug] Re: NVIDIA blob drivers

  • From: James Zuelow <e5z8652@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 11:16:54 -0800

On Tuesday 17 October 2006 17:51, Chuck Hakari wrote:
> James,
>
> Add to your xorg.conf:
>
> Option "RenderAccel" "False"
>
> Also, there are beta drivers v. 1.0-9625 and v. 1.0-9626 that have the
> fix, but I haven't found out where to download them.
>
> Chuck

I don't have any NVIDIA cards personally - right now I only have two desktops
running, and they're both on-board ATI video.  I have never had much reason
to install one of the blob drivers -- only thought about it once because
Celestia was bogging down.  But at that time I didn't have either an NVIDIA
or ATI card, and decided it wasn't worth the expense to buy one just to
render Celestia.  :)

I couldn't find any reference to the 1.0-9625 drivers being fixed on a
security site, but The Register says that they've reportedly not vulnerable.

http://www.channelregister.co.uk/2006/10/17/nvidia_linux_graphics_bug/

Anyhow you can get 9625 at nZone:

i386:

http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_downloads_linux_display_x86_1.0-9625.html