[juneau-lug] Minutes

  • From: "JBarber" <barber@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "JLUG" <juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2001 20:05:19 -0800

All,
     Here the results of the meeting

Officers Elected/Appointed:

Memberships - James
Library(Linux Books and Software)Coordinator/Admin - Jim
Web/PR/Advertising - Toby
Treasurer/Meeting Coordinator - Hans

Topics of discussion included:

Advertising and getting the word out via fliers and net ads. Active
recruitment of Linux professionals.

Possibility of getting a UAS campus club going to utilize University
facilities.

Short discussion about COMDEC(?) Question: What was resolved about COMDEC?

Discussed what role we need to take in the community. What are some of the
things we can do for the community at large? Can we play a Linux support
role? Child orgs are the neediest and most constrained by funds.

A brief but fruitless discussion of a clubhouse. Not feasible due to
liability issues and funding. That is unless someone has a tree house wired
for broadband.

Core. A controlling group of 3 or 5 persons which must be present or
involved in all club decisions.  I think we kind of elected all five of the
members present, which included: Phil, James, Hans, Toby, and myself.

Other than the Officers and Core, I don't believe we firmed up anything.