[juneau-lug] Re: Microsoft... What you are buying...

  • From: "Jeremy C. Hansen" <jeremyh@xxxxxxx>
  • To: juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 01:35:24 -0800

Yes, I am 99.9 percent sure that you can do a mail merge with Emacs, I
could probably do it on the command line right out of MySQL in a single
command line or two fairly easily. :)

I want to thank all of you who have responded, it has been interesting
to see what kind of conversation and discussion those ideas that were
looming when presented to the LUG were handled and hashed out.

There seems to be a certain amount of checks and balances between
Linux-users and Windows-users.  I don't argue with anybody that Linux
most commonly has superior ways of doing things.  There are some QUALITY
issues that I feel need to be addressed.

Have you ever looked at media players, there are probably 100+ media
players, built mostly with the same few libraries.  Though, none of the
media players, except XMMS (Which has been in development for the better
part of 4 years now) has Playlist support for multiple media formats
(mp3, wmv, mpeg, mpeg4, svcd, vcd, divx) and so on.  Recently I have
been using XINE, which has playlist support but it is limited.  If
anybody knows of a popular/non-popular player that is cooler then these
two drop me a line.

Has anybody put Debian on a PocketPC yet?

Sincerely,
Jeremy C. Hansen

PS. Once again, thanks for all your great responses... Nels, did you
mention at one meeting that you were an economist?