[juneau-lug] Re: Meeting dates & LUG organization

  • From: "James Zuelow" <jamesz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 10:02:06 -0800

> My home machine is available for various network services.  I
> already have a web server set up.  I would be more than happy
> to host either a development-related site, or a sysadmin
> site; those are my two main areas of interest and expertise.
> I would also be willing to host a cvs and ftp server for
> member projects, once I get around to installing my new 120GB
> hard drive.  (I currently only have about 9GB.)
>
>                  - Tony

If you put up a virtual server and tell me (at my home address,
e5z8652...) the host name you've configured, I can update the
juneau-lug.org DNS in a few minutes.  I've found that GCI's DNS will
catch up to changes within a half hour of the change.

Right now, about a third of our hits (and almost all hits that aren't
GCI or ACS) come from google searches like "html lower case", "sed lower
case", etc.  So any kind of page that includes useful code
samples/scripts will get google hits.  That would cover either a
development page or a sysadmin page.

By the way, I'd like to remind people that if you have a script that you
use often & want to share, send it along and I'll put it up on the
scripts page.  (Maybe the scripts page would merge into a juneau-lug.org
sysadmin site if Tony sets one up.)  As you can see with my scripts,
they don't have to be spectacular stuff.