[juneau-lug] Re: Meeting Reminder

  • From: Jamie <jamie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 12:21:36 -0800

I plan to be there.  And hope to demo a PXE boot under vmware.  I'll
bring my laptop which says it can  netboot but is untested.  Someone
bringing connecting hardware (hub, switch, cables)?

Hopefully Mark in my office will come discuss some of his efforts in PXE
booting multiple machines and using the unionfs (union file system)
which allows "layering" of a root file system, for example a permanent
read-only layer and a rw customized, personal layer.

-Jamie

Browns Homepage (new pics 3 Sep 2005) http://jdb.homelinux.net