[juneau-lug] Re: Meeting?

  • From: James Zuelow <jfzuelow@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 07:36:29 -0900 (AKST)

On Sun, 18 Nov 2001, James wrote:

> Due to work conflicts I don't know that I'll be attending UAS next
> semester, so I don't want to get into setting up a UAS club.  After this
> semester they may not let me anyway...

Er, this was rather hastily written.  It should read *I don't want to be
the one to set up a UAS club.*  I don't mean to imply that there should
not be a UAS club.  It is an important consideration that the officers of
a UAS club must be current students.  I can't remember if there is a
minimum credit load (6?) or not.  However UAS club meetings are generally
open to the public, meaning we could all attend a meeting there.

The best thing for a UAS Linux club is for the full time students there to
start it and organize themselves - the club will really be for them after
all, we'll just be hangers on.  If a UAS club isn't started soon, I'll bet
whoever is teaching the Intro to Linux class will get his students to
start one.

In the mean time, if you know of people at work who use Linux on a day to
day basis, try to get them to come to a meeting.  We have a few hobbyists
like myself who use Linux at home, but nobody who actually *works* with
Linux.

Cheers,

--
James Z.