[juneau-lug] Re: May meeting

  • From: Kevin Miller <millerboys@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 20:22:38 -0800

James Zuelow wrote:
>>> May's Linux Users Group meeting will be held May 25th from
>>> 6-9 at the valley library.  There are no topics set yet, but
>>> if you want to do a presentation or would like to see one
>>> done, post to the list.  If you need a projector, let me know
>>> in advance I can try to arrange one.
>

> I've got a VMWare environment at home, and thought it might be nice to work
> on
> that distribution ignorance I have.  Would it be possible to get Fedora
> and/or SuSE install CD's or DVDs?
>
> (I can copy the DVD's)
>
> I can bring OpenBSD 3.9 if anyone is curious.

By an amazing coincidence, I just happened to burn the hot off the press
 SUSE 10.1 disks this very day!  Installed it on my sandbox at work - so
far so good.  First three disks are used for the standard install,
fourth and fifth for additional packages and a sixth CD for non-FOSS
goodies like Sun's java, realplayer, etc.  Didn't download the DVD iso
but one's out there...

...Kevin
--
Kevin Miller