[juneau-lug] March meeting

  • From: James Zuelow <e5z8652@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 20:32:26 -0900 (AKST)

OK, unless there are objections I'm going to reserve the conference room
for the March meeting.  I'll try for the 16th, and if I can't get that
I'll go for the 23rd.  The third choice will be the 9th.

I'll give a short intro to Linux firewall/NAT boxes for dial-up and cable
modems.  Anyone with DSL experience who wants to help out is welcome, my
knowledge there is strictly theoretical and I know DSL has a lot of
quirks.

If Jim is available this time, we might get a Gimp presentation.  If
anyone else wants to give a short presentation, just pipe up.  I'll try to
bring an SVGA projector, but I won't be able to confirm that for a little
while.

And of course the library will be there.  I don't have a new member gift
lined up, but I have a line on a Pentium-233/64MB/2GB box that might
suffice.  And of course we'll have some CD's available (RH7.2, and if
Debian Woody has released by then I'll have that as well.)

I will bring the LUG boxes & switch as well (convenient to use for the
firewall demo) - if anyone has a monitor to bring that would be great.

Cheers,

James