[juneau-lug] Re: March Meeting - Webmin

  • From: James Zuelow <e5z8652@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 21:47:32 -0900 (AKST)

On Wed, 20 Feb 2002, Charles R. Hakari wrote:

> I have a laptop that should work out o.k. Sounds like you have  experience
> with Webmin, so I might have to tap into your knowledge of it's workings. I
> need to work with it some more, but putting on a demo shouldn't be a problem.

That's good, since I've already put it on the web page.  :)  I haven't
used it extensively, but I have used some of the modules - enough to know
that I prefer Swat over Webmin for Samba servers anyway.  The Postfix
module is very nice, as it lets you just enter data without having to
bother with a postmap hash:canonical_map or whatever after editing files.

Webmin is also well behaved - it only does what you tell it to, unlike
some other admin tools I've run into recently.

> On the gcc 2.96 and kernel version 2.4.17 problem I was having, I forgot
> about Redhat's solution to including an experimental version of gcc with RH
> 7.0....they also included gcc 2.91! All I had to do was change gcc to kgcc in
> the line of the makefile that identified the cross compiler and I ended up

I forgot all about kgcc too (really, whenever I see ksomething I think
KDE).

Cheers,

James