[juneau-lug] March Meeting - Webmin

  • From: "Charles R. Hakari" <chakari@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 19:03:17 -0900

>Webmin is a great tool, especially modules like Postfix & Sendmail.  If
>you want to do a hands on demo instead of just talking about it, reach
>me off-list, and we can arrange for you to pick up one of the LUG boxes
>to install webmin on so you don't need to use your own laptop or box.
>And I will double-check the availability of the SVGA projector as soon
>as I get the conference room nailed down.

James,

I have a laptop that should work out o.k. Sounds like you have  experience
with Webmin, so I might have to tap into your knowlege of it's workings. I
need to work with it some more, but putting on a demo shouldn't be a problem.

On the gcc 2.96 and kernel version 2.4.17 problem I was having, I forgot
about Redhat's solution to including an experimental version of gcc with RH
7.0....they also included gcc 2.91! All I had to do was change gcc to kgcc in
the line of the makefile that identified the cross compiler and I ended up
with a stable kernel. I guess kgcc must be a symlink to the 2.91 executable.
I will probably upgrade to gcc 3.1 when I get the time to chase down the
other packages it depends on.

Chuck