[juneau-lug] Re: March Meeting

  • From: "James F. Zuelow Jr." <jamesz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 08:26:59 -0900

----- Original Message -----
From: "Charles R. Hakari" <chakari@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> would the firewall/NAT one. I have experience with DSL, but it is kind
of
> boring since I bought a Linksys router which handles the PPPoE
connection, so
> there is very little to do get it setup and running with Linux, OS/2
or those
> other operating systems.

Actually that's a nice tidbit to know.  "Boring" is an excellent thing
to say about setting up a network, especially if you're going to do it
for someone else.  I'm all for effortless configuration.

> I have been playing with Webmin, a browser interface for system
> configuration. It is a pretty slick tool with modules for most
anything you
> can think of. I don't know what kind of job I would do in presenting
this,
> but I would be willing to give it a try if you think that it is a
worthy
> subject. Let me know so I can start preparing.

Webmin is a great tool, especially modules like Postfix & Sendmail.  If
you want to do a hands on demo instead of just talking about it, reach
me off-list, and we can arrange for you to pick up one of the LUG boxes
to install webmin on so you don't need to use your own laptop or box.
And I will double-check the availability of the SVGA projector as soon
as I get the conference room nailed down.