[juneau-lug] Making a dual drive computer work

  • From: Larry Hurlock <larrynorte@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 23:14:31 -0700 (PDT)

I have a state surplus Dell with dual hard drives installed - one a blank state
drive that I installed Ubuntu upon and the other a legacy drive with Win98
installed.  It is from an older Dell.
At bootup, four choices appear. The first is to do nothing and let the Linux
run.  The forth is to let the Win98 drive run.  But if I choose the Win98
option, a screen appears saying that C/H/S values could not be found.

Is there an obvious workaround to find/pass-on these values to get the Win98
drive to mount?

Larry Hurlock