[juneau-lug] Re: Mail Exchangers

  • From: "James Zuelow" <James_Zuelow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 11:08:48 -0900

Add another mailhost with a high number, say 90.  If your mailhost(s)
are down, mail goes to the backup.  Then you can retrieve the mail later
with an ETRN request when your main server(s) are back up.

The backup mail server needs to be configured to accept mail for your
domain, and not delete it for some period of time.  The time period
would be storage size dependent.

I don't have root access to my mail server, so can't help you out right
now.  When/if I eventually move, it wouldn't be hard to set up.

James Zuelow
Registered Linux User No. 186591
=20