[juneau-lug] Looking for a Seagate Barracuda 80 GB drive

  • From: Kevin Miller <Kevin_Miller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 11:58:55 -0800

It seems that the magic blue smoke escaped from one of my drives the other day.
 I've got a nice little scorch spot on the PCB (controller board) on the bottom
of the drive.  I think the platters are intact, as the drive fried during
startup, not in the middle of a write.  I'm hoping that I can recover the data
by swapping the PCB.  Seagate made several flavors of the 80 GB drive.  The one
I'm looking for is model number ST380013AS 80gb 7200.7.

If anyone has one of these laying around unused please let me know.  Hopefully
just swapping the PCB will allow me to access the drive & copy my data.  Then I
could give your hard drive back.  Unless I somehow break it, in which case I'd
pay you whatever's fair (to be determined beforehand preferably <g>).

It's a long shot I know...

...Kevin
(Backups?  Um, don't ask.  Yeah, I knew better.)
155 South Seward Street     ph: (907) 586-0242
Juneau, Alaska 99801        fax: (907
The Juneau Linux Users Group -- http://www.juneau-lug.org