[juneau-lug] Local hosting

  • From: "James Zuelow" <James_Zuelow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Juneau Linux Users Group" <juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 09:11:29 -0900

Are there any affordable hosting companies that are more or less local?

AIT is driving me crazy.  For example I can't send mail from my own
domain, because of their "different" DNS practices.  Do a host lookup on
mail.zuelow.net and you won't get a hostname - so my mail bounces from
any server that is locked down at all.

So I'm looking for a different hosting option, preferably one that would
let me run Debian and manage it myself via ssh.  Local would be very
nice, or at least a local contact.  I guess it doesn't matter where the
physical machine lives.