[juneau-lug] Re: Linux/BSD GIS

  • From: Chuck Hakari <chakari@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2006 17:02:30 -0900

I have been using QGIS for a while on my Fedora system at home, and on
Win2000 at work. Started using it mainly to bring in qps points and
tracks over some DOQ's of the family property in Michigan. Still needs a
few things fixed to be really useful. Hopefully they will be taken care
of when the port to QT4 is completed. It supports Grass GIS, so I guess
I can do some pretty powerful things if needed. I've dabbled a bit with
Grass, but never got very far with it.

Chuck Hakari