[juneau-lug] Re: Linux on the Desktop

  • From: Jacob Gemmell <evilbob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Juneau Linux Users Group <juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 19:38:00 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 4 Oct 2002, James Zuelow wrote:

> Need someone that can bring in a machine with more oomph.  Remember I'm
> a state surplus bottom feeder.  My boxes can run X, but not very
> quickly.

Okay.  I will try to bring in one of my boxes to the next meeting.  On
that note, would it be possible to book the meeting downtown, either at
the old city hall (where is the new one) or in the Downtown Library?

> A lot of the new members are also probably interested in this as well,
> as most of the new installs are graphical and set up Gnome or KDE
> automatically.  The trick is getting someone to do some demos or lead a
> project group for a meeting.  Do you have anything that can get the ball
> rolling?  I still play nethack, never even seen Unreal Tournament in
> action.  (I'm happy that I know what UT* means!)

On a side note, if ayone has some ~4GB IDE harddrives that they would be
willing to use for a demo, My computer has removable Hardrive trays that
we can use for a installation demo.

--
evilbob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

There are 10 types of people in the world:
Those who understand binary and those who don't.