[juneau-lug] Linux on the Desktop

  • From: "James Zuelow" <jamesz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 10:47:44 -0700

Need someone that can bring in a machine with more oomph.  Remember I'm
a state surplus bottom feeder.  My boxes can run X, but not very
quickly.

A lot of the new members are also probably interested in this as well,
as most of the new installs are graphical and set up Gnome or KDE
automatically.  The trick is getting someone to do some demos or lead a
project group for a meeting.  Do you have anything that can get the ball
rolling?  I still play nethack, never even seen Unreal Tournament in
action.  (I'm happy that I know what UT* means!)