[juneau-lug] Re: Linux Games Notes

  • From: Nels Tomlinson <nelstomlinson@xxxxxxx>
  • To: juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 20:49:34 -0800

Hello, all,

First of all, thanks, Reber, for the Indigo.  I haven't gotten the mouse
fixed yet, but everything else looks great.

Second, getting the SGI box inspired me to do some experimenting that
I've been delaying for a while.  I'm trying to set up my PC for
dual-headed operation, using my present AGP card and a nice old PCI
video card (both work fine alone).  When I put them both in and boot, I
see the usual boot messages on the PCI card (why that one?) up through
the LILO 21.5.1, then as the machine starts to boot, the screen goes
blank, and the other screen stays blank.

When I try booting with Knoppix, things don't look exactly the same, but
I _think_ that the active screen goes blank at the same time.

So, any ideas why:

* The PCI card is the one that the BIOS finds?
* The PCI card stops sending a signal when the kernel takes over?
* What questions I _should_ be asking?
* What in the world I can do about it (without spending money)?

Thanks!
Nels