[juneau-lug] LUG Meetings

  • From: Alfred Price <alfie@xxxxxxx>
  • To: juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2002 13:48:14 -0800

Hello all.  I'm new to the list as of the last couple of weeks.  I
hadn't even realized there was a Linux group in town until I saw the ad
on the juneaumovies.com site.

I'm the network admin. for Klukwan, Inc. and I'll be interested in
attending the meetings when I can.  Also, I can offer our board room for
meetings as long as the dates don't conflict with Company business (the
board room is seldom used) and we have a 1.5 M cable modem, which we can
use.  I can even make a few PCs available for demos (generally 200-400
MHz or so).  I think I can even come up with a printer or two.  Our
building is located in the valley -- just behind Lyle's, across from the
Nugget Mall.

Also, I have some spare hardware should anyone be able to make use of
some parts that I no longer need. Better they get used than wind up in
the landfill.  Currently, I have two motherboard/CPUs (Pentium 233),
half a dozen PC100 32 MB RAM sticks, and a few ISA cards -- video,
network and.. maybe one sound card and a couple of 14.4 or 28.8 modems.
 Also a couple of 14" Compaq VGA monitors.  This is all used stuff from
our company that we'll not use again.  I suppose I can just bring them
to the next meeting or else you can email me: alfie@xxxxxxxx