[juneau-lug] Re: January Meeting

  • From: chakari@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 07:40:00 -0900

> Is Draw a fully functional CAD program?
>
> Toby
No, it is just a drawing program. I use it at work to prep wmf's
generated by Autocad so they can be inserted into a Word document, etc.
When Autocad exports a wmf, it includes a background area that gets in
the way of resizing the wmf after insertion. With Draw, I can get rid of
the background and change the color and line weights so I have a nice
graphic in my documents. I could cut and paste the Autocad drawing into
the Word document, but there is a lot of prep work that needs to be done
with the drawing before doing this. There are pros and cons for both
methods, but I prefer working with the wmf as it reduces the Word doc size.

Chuck