[juneau-lug] Re: January Meeting

  • From: "Clay Robidoux" <loki@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 01:17:18 -0900

We might want to lean to showing how fun and easy it is to dual boot.  With
today's hd size most everyone has the space, even on laptops (Who among us
actually have more than 10 G of stuff on our boxes....other than MP3 and
pics?)

another possible idea would be to talk to the charter schools about state
surplus and Linux.. might be a easy way to get the next generation started
on the right path.....

if someone has the time to find educational stuff for Linux (for kids) It
might not be a bad idea to get a table in the Nugget w/ Linux setup (even
Lindows.. hey its better than nothing)  maybe even have a box with several
different distros on each to kinda give a sample of each flavor of distro...

comments anyone?