[juneau-lug] Re: January Meeting

  • From: Toby Harbanuk <tobysam@xxxxxx>
  • To: juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 22:57:04 -0900

I might be able to do an OSX demo in january, but no promises. Some
other ideas for demos that I'm not really qualified to give:
Making your own patch cables
Making your own ribbon cables
Basics of enterprise networking (vlans, OSI model, routing vs routed
protocols, etc)
In depth apache
Gaming party!
Security
Alternative platforms (sparc, ppc, alpha)
Wireless
Video editing on linux
overview of other Linux like OSs such as BSDs, solaris, netware, etc.
clustering
LDAP
digital photography
using linux as a PVR platform ala Tivo
storage area networks and network attatched storage - disk by the TB
for the home

There's more, but I'm kinda fried right now.

Toby