[juneau-lug] Re: JLUG Meeting Opps

  • From: Kevin Miller <Kevin_Miller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2011 11:49:20 -0900

Mark Neyhart wrote:
> Kevin Miller wrote:
>> On 02/28/2011 08:00 PM, Jamie wrote:
>>> I gather several people like myself planned to attend the meeting
>>> tonight for which we thought we had scheduled the valley library
>>> meeting room.  Alas, it was not to be.  The postal workers union
>>> folks had the room according to their schedule.
>>
>> I don't know what happened.  Right after the last meeting I made the
>> reservation (just like we always do).  IIRC, another person was w/me
>> when I did.  Can't recall who it was now though.
>>

> Yeah, I was there when you made the reservation.  It was with the
> same woman who told me last night that we didn't have the room
> reserved.

Wonder if their system was down and she wrote it on a piece of paper and forgot
to update it later or something.  Oh well.

>>> So I made a reservation for the next available Monday which was Mar
>>> 21, 6:30 to 8pm.  see
>>> http://junlistserv.juneau.lib.ak.us/scripts/publish/webevent.pl
>
>>> However, maybe we should try meeting in the downtown library as it
>>> has many more openings.  We can always cancel the Mar 21 date.  What
>>> do others think?
>>
>> I'm kind of prone to the valley, since I can walk there. :-)  I guess
>> we just need to make sure where ever it is that we double check a
>> couple days before...
>>

> I'm in the opposite situation.  I can walk to the downtown library.

Fair is fair - I'm good with either if we want to alternate.  My biggest
problem is *remembering* to come.  And we're down to one car at the moment so
juggling family mobilty needs a challenge of late...

...Kevin
155 South Seward Street     ph: (907) 586-0242
Juneau, Alaska 99801        fax: (907
The Juneau Linux Users Group -- http://www.juneau-lug.org