[juneau-lug] Installs

  • From: "James Zuelow" <jamesz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 11:08:21 -0700

We always have some sort of recent distributions on hand, and this topic
comes up in discussion fairly often.  However I am reluctant to over
advertise the meetings until we have a more stable group of attendees.
I don't want to get into a situation where there's only one or two of us
to handle several installs at once plus whatever is on the schedule.

With *no* advertising we seem to get one to three new people per month
anyway.  They find the web page.  I can put a note on the web page
saying it's OK to bring a box to have Linux installed on it, which could
give us a low level of installs (none to one or two) per month.