[juneau-lug] Re: How to repair sudo?

  • From: Henrik Hudson <rhavenn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2015 12:12:08 -0800

Use visudo to edit the file and see if it complains of a syntax
error or other error.

If the syntax is correct, then double check your groups and make sure the
right people are in the right groups.

The sudoers file can / should be 644. There is very little reason for it
not to be readable by everybody. So, not sure why you can't read it
as non-root user. That might be the problem actually. sudo can't
check to see what permissions you have.

Hmm..seems Ubuntu might like it 440. Check /var/log/messages or do a
grep in /var/log/* for sudo and see if anything is complaining:

ie: grep 'sudo' /var/log/*

Sorry, I run FreeBSD only, so can't help with exactly what Kubuntu
wants / likes, but /var/log/ or visudo should help.

henrik
--
Henrik Hudson
rhavenn@xxxxxxxxxxx