[juneau-lug] Re: Homebrew DVD success!

  • From: Chuck Hakari <chakari@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 17:07:24 -0900

My previous successed have been overshadowed by crushing failures!

I have put together some nice looking menus with qDVDauthor, only the
have DVDauthor exit with a "Too many Pre/Post/Cell commands" error,
though I only had three buttons defined.

I've generated iso's in Varsha and tried to burn them with K3b, only to
have K3b (or growisofs?) spit out errors and abort.

KMediaFactory works, sort of. The labels on the chapters are messed up,
and the DVD I create with it (actually K3b) won't run with xine or on
stand alone DVD players.

I'm just starting to tinker around with KDE DVD Authoring Wizard. Looks
to be o.k. We'll see.

I have used DVDStyler before. Wanted to install the latest version
before trying to see if the button text looked any better than it does
in v1.4, but I can't get wxSVG to compile, some sort of libtool mismatch
error that I haven't been able to solve. I'll keep picking way at that one.

I like the looks of qDVDAuthor the best, but I definitely has some
problems, even witht the latest CVS version that I'm using. CVS updates
seem to become available fairly frequently, so I'm going to keep trying
it. Maybe I can get comfortable with the DVDAuthor xml file format and
massage it enough to get a complete run out of QDVDAuthor.

Has anyone tried NeroLinux for their CD/DVD burning? Looks like it is
downloadable and can be licensed for $20.