[juneau-lug] Re: Hello, still an active group?

  • From: James Zuelow <e5z8652@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 07:01:08 -0800

On Wednesday, August 18, 2010, daemox wrote:
> Hello!
> I just joined this mailing list and wanted to see if the group was still
> active and also see if non-technical discussions were allowed.
>
> Take care,
> daemox

We're semi-active.  The mailing list isn't *really* active and we haven't had
a meeting in a while.  We've got a few members who are really very competent
and knowledgeable, but it can be a trick to cajole them into answering e-
mails.  :)

But yes, we're still here.

Non-technical stuff is allowed.  I think when you subscribed one of the
automatic welcome messages said that the mailing list charter was for anything
relating to Linux or other free software.  So we don't want spam, and
politics/religion is probably stretching it unless the issues are related to
software or patents, etc.  I don't think anyone would complain if you wanted
to list off your best secret fishing holes though.