[juneau-lug] Hard Drive Switch from Linux to Dos

  • From: "Dan Zachary at KRSA" <dzachary@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 16:16:36 -0900

I have a computer that once contained linux on the hard drive.  I have a
temporary need to switch this back to DOS.  I changed the partitions to
satisfy DOS and I reformatted the hard drive to prepare to accept DOS.
Installed DOS.  When I boot from the hard drive, it attempts to load linux
rather than dos.  I did the sys.com thing to but somehow the linux loaded is
still present and appears to supercede the DOS loader.

What's the trick to make linux disappear?

Dan