[juneau-lug] Gateway "New Look" case floppy drive

  • From: "james" <zuelow@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Juneau Linux User's Group" <juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 11:58:57 -0900

If anyone has a non-functional or stripped Gateway 2000 "New Look" case
(the lozenge shaped cases from '97 with the front bezel covering the 5 1/4
drive bays), and you still have the floppy in it, I'm interested in the
floppy.

Mine finally died, and the TEAC floppies at Fred Meyer's have a different
eject button base to them.  I can mount the generic floppy, but the eject
button doesn't reach through the Gateway case front bezel.  I think I can
get a Compaq floppy to fit, but don't have any available (the only ones I
can look at belong to work).