[juneau-lug] Fwd: May meeting [sbodnar@gci.net]

  • From: Juneau Linux Users Group <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 21:55:08 -0800

On 2003.05.14 16:54 Stephen E. Bodnar wrote:
Greetings-

I'm a longtime linux user here in Juneau, and just signed up to the
mailing list. I plan on attending the Monday May 19 meeting.

Some time in the future I would like to demo a really interesting linux
application - IRLP, Internet Radio Linking Project. Basically, it
allows low power amateur radios and repeaters to link all over the
world using a local linux box running a custom voice-over-IP software.
I have the primary node for Juneau running here in my basement
downtown. Unfortunately, Monday's meeting location is just out at the
fringe area for radio reception so I don't think it would work well
from there. We don't have a repeater to service the Valley yet. If you
think there may be a bit of time available, I could run out to the
location and see if it can connect.

Otherwise, see y'all on Monday!

Stephen