[juneau-lug] Re: Fwd: Juneau Linux User's Group Contact [tanger@stefanhakenberg.com]

  • From: James Zuelow <e5z8652@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 15:49:06 -0900

On Wed, 13 Nov 2002 14:59:18 -0900
"Tanger" <tanger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thanks, James, for the advice!  I didn't look into the specialized
> kernels, yet, and I will once I can boot up again.
> Do you have any suggestions as to how I can achieve that?
> Thanks,
> Stefan

I have limited experience with Linux on Macs - only old world PowerPC ones, not
the newworld stuff.  I'm assuming you didn't make a boot floppy for your
TiBook.  Are your Yellow Dog CD's bootable?  You might be able to boot with
that, and then go in and change your boot configuration to use your old kernel.

I know that with new world Macs you should be able to do some things from the
OF prompt, but I don't have any experience in how to get to that prompt or what
to key in once you're there.  :/