[juneau-lug] Fwd: Juneau Linux User's Group Contact [mikerochin@email.com]

  • From: Juneau Linux Users Group <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 15:43:16 -0900

On 2003.01.16 13:02 Mike Rochin wrote:
Help!

I am a nimbie that wanted to try Linux.  I order mandrake 9.0 on cd and
have
setup a dual boot on my computer.  Installation went great, but I just
booted the system and tried to start Linux, and I'm stuck.  It brings up
lots of text and goes through checking status of things with green OK's,
and
then stops with just the curser blinking, and nothing else happens.  How
do
I go into the Kernel (I think that's what it's called; I told you I was
newbie)?  Do I need to login, and if so, isn't there supposed to be a
login
text that will show up?  Any help you can give me would be great! :)

Thanks,
Mike Rochin
Ketchikan Alaska
mikerochin@xxxxxxxxx