[juneau-lug] Re: [Fwd: Juneau Linux Users Group Contact]

  • From: <james.zuelow@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 10:47:36 +1500

----- Original Message -----
> This message sender is apparently not on the list, so respond
> directly.

Steve, the current OpenBSD version is 3.8.  Did you upgrade to the -current
branch?  It makes a difference as -current often has a few bugs.

> Soon there after, I noticed that web pages do not fully load, stall,
> then time out.  This is not consistent among sites. For example, some
----snip----

> I've checked pf.conf and can't find anything indicating a limit on the
> number of bytes that could be downloaded.
>
> Any ideas?

Have you replaced the cables leading to/from the firewall?

Can you post the output of dmesg?

Are your network interfaces autonegotiating their connections (10/100 full/half
duplex)?

Can you grep for timeout errors in your logs?

Network interfaces being reset?

Are your pf rules being reloaded by cron job every so often?

These are the things that immediately come to mind - sorry I haven't worked
with OpenBSD (or *nix in general) for about a year and a half, so I'm sort of
out of the loop on known OpenBSD issues at the moment.  But we should be able
to work it out somewhere.