[juneau-lug] Re: Fw: SuSE Linux 8.0

  • From: James Zuelow <e5z8652@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jlug <juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2003 11:47:03 -0800 (AKDT)

> any one know steps to getting the cd-rom to play a
> music cd.

There are a variety of audio CD players.  Which one you choose would
depend on various things such as whether or not you're running X, etc.

Console based players for machines without X are is tcd or groovycd. If
you're running X, then XMMS will play CDs, as will grip (Gnome) and kcd
(KDE). There are a lot of options.

> any one know how to set up wine.

Best to start a seperate thread on this one to figure out exactly what you
need done.

> I recently bought freeBSD 5.1 but no luck installing it
> successfully

Try 4.8 or 5.0.  5.1 still has some rough edges (or did a month ago when I
tried it).  I have a minimal install CD for 4.8 that should get you going
if you're interested.