[juneau-lug] Re: Free to a good home

  • From: Toby <tobysam@xxxxxx>
  • To: <juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 22:43:53 -0900

Legislative affairs' minimum is a pII/350/256/10gb and 17inch flat crt or
lcd. This means that there are about 250 166mhz through 300mhz gateway boxes
with corresponding 15in monitors and speakers going. But they all have to
have their hardrives wiped, scsi cards removed, and other stuff done first,
which is boring and time consuming. Also, the Dept of admin is trying (last
I check) to get everyone up to a minimum P3/500mhz. There's going to be a
massive supply of stuff for years to come, mark my words 8). Let's just hope
that the school district doesn't nab too much of it.

A PII/266 with 512mb of ram will run win2k/office2k without much trouble.

If I remember correctly, vax machines went for over $150/each so don't feel
tooooo bad.

Toby