[juneau-lug] Re: Free to a good home

  • From: James Zuelow <e5z8652@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 20:55:46 -0900 (AKST)

On Tue, 26 Feb 2002, Toby wrote:

> Oops, I forgot to mention that I won a box of PS/2 keyboards with the CPUs,
> so I'll give out a few of those with the boxen. And don't worry about paying
> me- there are three high-quality boxen in the bundle that more than
> compensate for the auction price (I didn't bid much anyway). I'm not sure
> about the monitor, since I think surplus won't be open for normal sale at
> least until next week. I mean everything in the place got auctioned off.
> Anyway, thanks.
>
> Toby

It will be interesting to see how the place fills up again.  One would
think that 15" monitors will be sort of rare, as will anything less than a
P133.  Since MS Office will run fine on a PII 233, pickings should be slim
for a while unless the state is spending a lot of money upgrading.  (Last
time I worked at the state, my desktop machine was a P100 running NT4 and
Office 97 - and that was perfectly adequate.)

I wonder who picked up the two Vax machines.  I'm still kicking myself for
missing that auction.  Sigh...

Cheers,

James