[juneau-lug] Re: Fixed flash drive, new problems with Ubuntu

  • From: "Nels Tomlinson" <nels.tomlinson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 11:06:41 -0800

So, I did some more troubleshooting, and learned that it is a hardware
problem.  I called ACS, and found that their Westell DSL modems cause errors
when the act as a router.  So, the ACS guy said, I should make it a bridge
and use something else as a router.  He did also say that I could get a
different modem if I asked for it.  I figured you all should know about
this, just in case I'm not the only one with a Westell.
I have an old, garage sale Linksys router (BEFSR41 v.4), and if I can get
the firmware upgraded and get it working, I'll be back in business.

Nels