[juneau-lug] Re: Fixed flash drive, new problems with Ubuntu

  • From: "Nels Tomlinson" <nels.tomlinson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 15:15:33 -0800

Chris, I'm also really inpressed by Feisty.  I plugged in my ancient Palm
Pilot, and there was a daemon listening when I hit the sync button.  It was
never that easy when I was using Sarge.  I think I might like Evolution, if
I can figure out what's happening to the email messages it downloads (I
think that's a problem with Evolution), and why it can't find some of my
accounts (that's probably my fault).
Stephen, this was by far the easiest install, with the least configuration,
ever.  Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be any way to do much additional
configuration afterwards, either.  I was hoping that I could find emacs as a
deb for Feisty and point apt at it, but I've installed from a tarball
before.  It sucks, but it's sort of do-able.

I found where to get sloppy focus: it was in the windows section of the
preferences menu.  I still haven't found where to tell it to open a file
with a single click rather than a double click.

Nels