[juneau-lug] Fixed flash drive, new problems with Ubuntu

  • From: "Nels Tomlinson" <nels.tomlinson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 00:11:25 -0800

Hello, All,
I fixed that problem I was having with not being able to mount the flash
drive on Debian by installing Ubuntu Feisty Fawn.  The flash drive now
auto-mounts.  I do have some new problems, though, and I'd surely appreciate
some insights.

First, there seems to be no install candidate for emacs?  I've tried the
main and U.S. repositories.  Any ideas on where to find emacs?  I'm kind of
lost without it.

Second, in KDE and Debian, I was able to use sloppy focus and single clicks
rather than double.  Can I do that with Gnome and Ubuntu?  Without single
clicks and sloppy focus, Gnome is too much like Windows for comfort.

I do like having more modern versions of everything.

Thanks,

Nels