[juneau-lug] Re: Feedback on SOL9-AMPS Howto

  • From: James Zuelow <e5z8652@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 22:14:14 -0900

On Tue, 3 Dec 2002 00:15:47 -0900
"Jeremy Hansen" <jeremyh@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> LUGites,
>
> Juneau LUG members, I am looking for feedback, other than basic
> grammar... :) I just pumped out this howto tonight and I want to
> know if there are other things that would help the howto before I
> run off and submit it anywhere, right now I think that this is the
> only one really like it out there for Solaris 9 and PHP.
>
> http://www.seafoodnetwork.net/about/SOL9-AMPS-HOWTO.html
>
> Thanks,
> Jeremy C. Hansen

Jeremy -

It took me a second to figure out what the "Type :wq!" lines were (and
I use vi all the time).  I thought it was some kind of weird Solaris
thing.

Couldn't you assume that anyone setting up Apache/MySQL/PHP either
knows how to use vi, or else has a favorite editor that they would use
instead?

p.s. - what do you call that thing - a SAMP server?