[juneau-lug] Re: Fedora Core 2

  • From: Stephen <sbodnar@xxxxxxx>
  • To: juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 21:19:06 -0900

>  >
>>  Great! I was just about to tackle the Qmail install. I got mired in
>>  a fresh Fedora Core 1 install and getting the authoritative DNS up
>>  and running before I could do the mail server (grumbling under
>>  breath about why I stopped using RedHat years ago...I'll be posting
>>  a Fedora update thread soon)
>>
>>  Stephen
>
>From the AKLUG list:
>
>http://games.gci.net/pub/Linux/RedHat-Fedora/FC2-test1-binary-i386/
>
>I might pull down these CDs and try them.  My RH 7.3 -> FC1 upgrade
>didn't go well (the upgrade bombed after copying itself to the hard
>drive), and RH 7.3 is getting a little long in the tooth.
>
>Cheers,
>
>James

I'll get to the gory details later, but I had a blank machine to
start with. The webserver was running RH 8.0, so I decided to
experiment, put RH 8.0 on the blank box and try to update it. I
gave up, wiped it clean, and gave it a fresh Fedora Core 1 install.
That installed quick and clean, but Fedora definitely has it's
rough edges.

I'm not sure what I'll do with the webserver...the update from RH 8.0
to Fedora was tough enough that I'll try almost anything else first.

BTW - both of these are installed to run as text-based headless servers.

More later,
  Stephen