[juneau-lug] Re: Fedora 8

  • From: Jamie <jamie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2008 17:45:56 -0900

Kevin you can try this:
The gnome-terminal uses a termcap file for its basic settings.

    sudo gedit /usr/share/vte/termcap/xterm

Look for a line about 1/3 of the way down that looks like this:

    :co#80:it#8:li#24:\

To change the number of columns, change the co# number, in this case 80.
To change the number of rows, change the li# number, in this case 24.

You must exit all gnome-terminal processes before the changes take effect.

--
Browns Homepage - new pics 20 Jan 2008 - http://jdb.homelinux.net