[juneau-lug] Re: Fedora 8

  • From: Kevin Miller <atftb2@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2008 17:15:03 -0900

Jamie wrote:
> Hey Chuck,
>
> I just picked up a Fedora 8 dvd and you are welcome to a copy of mine.
> Or you can now get the January Linux Pro Magazine at Freds ($10).

I was thinking of giving Fedora a go but I installed SLES (which uses
gnome) at work.  I'm rapidly learning to despise gnome.  For instance,
these goofy companies always make term windows 25x40 lines or so.
What's up with that?  Shades of DOS.  Anyway, I always resize the term
windows in KDE, then save it as the default.  In gnome I couldn't find
anywhere to save the size.  I could change the background, set
transparency, etc. but there was no place to reset window size.  Kind of
silly to have a such a small default when you're running at 1280x1024.

So how does one go about that in gnome?

...Kevin
--
Kevin Miller