[juneau-lug] Re: FC6 upgrade report

  • From: Chuck Hakari <chakari@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 08:58:29 -0800

I can't say that I have run into any bugs yet. There were a few
glitches, though, mostly with updating with yum.

There were close to 600 packages that were available for updating, but I
kept on having a few dependancy issues and conflicts. I had to uninstall
xfce4, jahshaka, openlibraries (required by jahshaka), and 3-devel
packages that I didn't need anyway. I rarely used xfce4, and never used
jahshaka, so no loss. I'm sure that I will be able to reinstall in short
order after everyone catches up to FC6.

I haven't tried AIGLX yet. Not sure if I would use it even if it works.

As it stands right now, I am very pleased with FC6. Not too bad of an
upgrade for being bleeding edge.