[juneau-lug] Re: FC2

  • From: James Zuelow <e5z8652@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Juneau LUG <juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 10:30:21 -0900 (AKST)

On Tue, 2 Mar 2004, Charles R. Hakari wrote:

> James,
>
> Now that you have used FC2 for a while, what do you think about the 2.6
> kernel? Anything noticable or notable?
>
> Chuck Hakari

No, not so far.  I'm not really stress testing this server that much -
it is just running ntp, samba, and gnump3.

All that I've come to so far is the conclusion that RedHat is serious when
they say "FC2 is not meant for production environments".  up2date has been
broken again since I've been back.  Something about the rpm database not
being a gzipped file.  :(