[juneau-lug] Escape codes & ecartis

  • From: James Zuelow <e5z8652@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 18:32:13 -0900

> > Have you ever considered a different email client that doesn't=3D =
>
> =3D2E
>
> > =3DA0 add all=3D20 the cruft?=3DA0 <grins>
> >=20
> > -Jamie

> As far as all the escape codes, I don't know that it's the e-mail
> client.  I think it might be the e-mail client and interaction with
> ecartis.

Hmm.  Word wrap or no word wrap.  When Outlook or Kmail automatically wraps
text that has been copied (including inline forwards), the extra characters
appear.

Turning off word wrap seems to make the codes go away - compare my last two
forwarded O'Reilly messages.

I still think it is an ecartis thing, not an Outlook/Kmail thing.  (Although
wouldn't it be funny if they were sharing code!)