[juneau-lug] Distcc on Mandrake 9.2

  • From: Kevin <patches5@xxxxxxx>
  • To: juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 09 May 2004 14:18:53 +0000

Hello.

I'm trying to get distcc to run on Mandrake 9.2.  After I installed the
distcc-daemon-*.rpm xinetd automaticaly started it.  Netstat -a |grep distcc
shows that it's listening.  However if I do a nmap on that machine from a
different box on the network it doesn't bring up any open distcc ports.

According the documenation at distcc's website I just need to run the command
'distccd --daemon'.  Upon doing so I get this warning 'distccd[4816]
(dcc_preferred_user) Warning: no such user as "distcc"' which I believe to be
un-fatal.  However I can't find any instances of distccd running.

If someone who's more familiar with Mandrake 9.2 could help me figure out which
tools are used to start/stop daemons that'd be great.

Thank you.
Kevin