[juneau-lug] Re: December Meeting DownTown or Valley?

  • From: tom <tom@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2004 15:14:45 -0900

Open node, DHCP, A, B and G...

The Valley library does have wireless now.  General nocat-splash setup
(Fire up a browser, look at the 'I Agree' page and click go, then like
magic, the routes are open for your mac address all day).

No port 25 outbound because of all the bad people with uncared for
Windows laptops, so get a web-based email account, or relay off your
home machine on a different port..

The AP is a lovely Cisco Aironet 1200 so you probably could get a signal
in God's ice cream across the way there... or Sears,  or Super Bear, or
Electronic Adventure down around the corner... who knows (I'm sure
someone will find out though).

Tom